A MAN accused of carrying out a violent attack while in Didcot on Christmas Day has denied any wrong-doing, but only via his barrister.
Connor Dawson stands charged with a single count of assaulting a person thereby occasioning them actual bodily harm.
Prosecutors claim that the 26-year-old of Station Road, Didcot, attacked his victim on December 25 last year.
The violence, which is claimed to have resulted in the victim suffering ‘actual bodily harm,’ is said to have taken place in Didcot.
At a hearing held at Oxford Crown Court yesterday his defence barrister Peter Du Feu said that his client intended to plead not guilty to the single charge that he faces.
Dawson did not enter a formal plea in person and his attendance was excused for the brief hearing.
After the indication was given presiding Judge Maria Lamb agreed to adjourn the case for trial.
A provisional trial date was listed to be held at the same court on September 14.
The case was placed in the ‘warned list’, meaning it is not fixed and can commence at any time during a two-week period from that date.
The case was also given a time estimate, and is expected to last between three and four days.
Dawson was allowed to remain on bail in the meantime.