Safety practices are always in order when open flames are part of the good time.
PASO ROBLES, Calif. (PRWEB) October 23, 2020
Wildhorse Propane, delivering to Carmel and Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Luis Obispo counties has released safe grilling tips so all the chefs, their families and guests stay safe and enjoy great food, company and warm days. Landscaping and dry vegetation is particularly vulnerable to fire during California fire season and safe grilling is a critical part of fire prevention.
There are many reasons that grilling is a favorite way to spend a summer afternoon and evening. Enjoying the outdoors gives friends and family one more way to enjoy each other’s company, especially these days when COVID-19 is sharing good times isn’t as easy as it was a few months ago.
Cooking over open flame has been practiced by humankind since first realizing how good food tastes when cooked. Everyone has their favorite grilled or barbecued recipe. Over the years, grilling and barbecue have become two distinct forms of cooking, even though the terms are often interchanged. Barbecue was originally used to slow cook meat. Grilling is a little speedier form of cooking over an open flame.
Safety practices are always in order when open flames are part of the good time. There are some standard safety measures to follow when grilling with any kind of fuel. When grilling with propane it’s also important to check the tank and connections before firing up the grill.
The Carmel propane company has prepared the following best practices for grilling safety. Some are recommended for a day or two before the party and some are applicable to the day of the party.
Before the party
- Make sure the propane tank is full. It’s annoying to run out of fuel part way through cooking. Even if a spare tank is on hand, the loss of flame interrupts the entire cooking process.
- Check all of the connections on the grill and the tank to make sure there are not leaks. Drip soapy water on the connections and if the soap bubbles the connections are not tight enough or may be faulty. Replace damaged tanks, hoses and all faulty parts.
- Set up the grill in an open area with no overhanging branches, umbrellas, or eaves.
- Clean the grill by removing debris that may have built up in and around it. Remove grease or fat build up from the grills and the catch trays.
- Fire up the grill to make sure everything is working.
- Never leave the grill unattended, even when giving it a test run.
During the party
- Protect yourself by using utensils with long handles and grilling gloves.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy and know how to use it.
- Designate one or two other people who can attend the grill in case you have to leave it for any reason.
- Keep children and pets away from the grilling area. Playful kids often forget where they are and pets maybe tempted to try to snatch a sample off the grill.
- Start the grill with the lid open.
- Shut down properly by turning off the flame and shutting the propane tank valve. Be sure the flames have complete extinguished.
- Be sure the grill has completely cooled off before moving it or covering it.
Wildhorse Propane has been delivering propane throughout California’s Central Coast for over 30 years. The company is a local shopping source for propane appliances and widely recognized as the experts for propane tank and gas line installation.
Wildhorse Propane & Appliance
50557 Wildhorse Road
King City CA, 93930
Share article on social media or email: