The added bonus with doing a virtual tour is that tourgoers interested in seeing the homes do not have to block a full day off on their schedule. Likewise, those who live far away don’t have to travel.
HOUSTON, Texas (PRWEB) October 23, 2020
The global pandemic has put a full stop to a lot of things we love: casual shopping, dining in at restaurants, crowded opening nights for the theatrical blockbusters, large parties, and especially – live events! The name of the game for many small businesses in 2020 has been “adapt or close,” and the Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS) has found a way to keep their signature Modern Home Tour series alive.
The rescheduled 10th annual Houston Modern Home Tour will take place on Sunday, November 1, 2020 and will be 100% virtual! This is a one-of-a-kind event that will take attendees all around Houston and showcase some of the amazing modern architecture and designs the city has to offer. The only difference this year: attendees will take the tour from the safety and comfort of their home and have the ability to revisit (or catch up on) any segments they missed after the tour ends.
“We are very fortunate to have found a solution to keep hosting our ‘live’ events during these unprecedented times,” explains MA+DS founder, James Leasure “We can explore the homes as a group and present the architect/builder/designer’s story, while keeping all participants, homeowners, and tourgoers safe.”
A curated selection of Houston homes will be showcased using 3D imaging, while the MA+DS host and project architect (or designer, builder) discuss the details of the home. Questions will be answered and plenty of expert advice and tips shared. The event honors Houston’s amazing architecture and those who bring it to life year after year.
Confirmed Houston Modern Home Tour participants include:
- A modern home designed by Scott Ballard that features a roof deck with jacuzzi and outdoor kitchen
- A home designed by On Point Custom Homes that is not only modern, but also ADA compliant
- A smart and efficient LEED-certified prefab construction home, designed by Intexure Architects + Boxprefab
- A second home by Intexure Architects, fully custom built
- Architect Al Espinal’s (Espinal Architects) home that combines modern architecture with casual interior design
- A new home by Gary R Chandler Architecture & Interiors, which combines modern design with elegant decor
How it works:
1) Tickets can be purchased here: http://www.houstonmodernhometour.com
2) Tourgoers will receive an access link with unique passcode prior to the event.
3) Tourgoers can participate LIVE by watching the segments and asking the architects/builders/designers questions, or…
4) Segments can be watched (or re-watched) at a more convenient time after the event.
“The added bonus with doing a virtual tour is that tourgoers interested in seeing the homes do not have to block a full day off on their schedule,” says Leasure. “Likewise, those who live far away don’t have to travel. We like to think of this as a LIVE TV show that you have the option to watch DVR-style at a later time.”
The 10th anniversary Virtual Houston Modern Home Tour is presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants and sponsored by RAM Windows. Segments will run throughout the day on Sunday, November 1, 2020; a full schedule is posted on the event page. Tickets are just $40 per device and grant access to the taped segments after the live event ends.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!
Share article on social media or email: